Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lovely Luscious Lemon Bars!


So, we have the Elders from our church living with us, and they were given A LOT of lemons. After they made some lemonade that was WAY too sweet and tart, I suggested that I would prefer lemon bars. Well, I couldn't very well not follow up. Right? So I made some lemon bars. I used a recipe that I found on my cousin's blog, and I was glad to give them a try. I never buy lemons, and so I wasn't sure how I would have lemon zest, so this was the perfect time to use up the Elder's lemons. (All two of them... there are many more to go)

Here is the recipe:
JUDY’S LEMON BARS
crust:
1 c. butter
½ c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. add flour. press into a 9×13 pan and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. [do not overcook].
filling:
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
8 T. lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon
4 T. flour
1 t. baking powder
beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and zest completely, making sure not to over beat. gradually add in flour and baking powder. pour filling over crust. bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until edges are golden brown. cooking time will vary depending on your oven, altitude, etc. let sit for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle powdered sugar [using a sifter] on top. cut once cool.
**You will have to click on the hyperlink and see the beautiful picture of her lemon bars. This is what inspired me to improve my pictures. I think the first thing I need to do is throw out the digital camera, and get a fancy one. But I've used a fancy camera before, and the point-and-shoot method is so easy. I just need this book I guess... haha. Kristen Duke I want to be you. Well... not really BE you, but take the pretty pictures you take. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment