Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Valentines Day... (One Month Late)

Hello... I'm on a post frenzy. I'll go dormant again... promise...

Maybe....

So, for Valentines Day, I saw the cutest Queen of Hearts Printables, and I bought them right away. They were photographed as a Dinner for Two with a Dessert Buffet. I thought how perfect for Valentines Day, and I started planning. What I didn't plan on, was getting sick two days before, and being too tired to make the dinner. I did manage to make the sweets. (On pain of death...) I was so excited to see how it turned out!

Do you see the framed handprints? How about the felt wreath and topiary. Yep... made um.

Do you see the perfect fabric I found to cover the Dollar Store burner covers to make a homemade dessert stand? It has hearts!?! These cupcakes were divine... see below.

Cake cookies. White cake. Not the best flavor. I should have done chocolate!!!

An assortment of delicious candies...

So... about those Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes. I was hoping to create a knock off of the Strawberry Hill cupcake from Truly Madly Sweetly, a local cupcake shop. It is devils food cake (The store sign said Dark Chocolate?!) with strawberry buttercream frosting. So, I purchased a cake mix, because I have never had success, and why trouble myself, by making one from scratch. I bought the Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake Mix, and then make the strawberry butter cream frosting homemade. Oh my! I was right on the spot. I don't need you anymore Truly Madly Sweetly! You can keep your $3 cupcakes. I'll make myself a dozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment