Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

I bet you couldn't guess which of my to-do list I would check off first. Well, SURPRISE! It was the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! It was a quick spur of the moment thing. Ben was having a pot luck at work, and I had to bring a dessert. So I figured, I better make something on my check list of baking. These were the easiest, so Ta-Dah!

First things first, make your cookie dough. I stuck with the recipe I found because it was no time to be brave and try something new. I halved the recipe, thinking, NO LEFTOVERS. But I wish I made the whole batch. I was giving them away anyway. Right?


Lets now pretend that I don't hate Blogger. For this picture is sideways, and I can't fix it. : ( After you have mixed up your cookie dough, take your trusty cookie dough scooper thing-a-ma-jig, and start making cookie dough balls.

Then take two pieces of cookie dough, and put one on top and one on bottom of the oreo. I took a picture of this step, but I actually discovered a better way... so keep reading...


What you really need to do, is make sure that your fingers stay really clean. Or else the cookie dough sticks to you and not to the oreo. So... Take the oreo and smash a cookie dough ball on top, and push it down the sides like so...


Kind of like a hat... then put it upside down on the cookie sheet. And top with another cookie dough ball.


When you do this, you get a pretty smooth cookie, and you can tell the difference when you bake them up.


There they are... with a little surprise awaiting inside! Bake these beauties for 13 minutes at 350 degrees. Until a nice light golden color.


And then cut one open to see what happened inside!


Nothing?!?! Its still a solid cookie! No gooey frosting or anything. But still delicious. I recommend containing your excitement to eat one until they have fully cooled. I had one warm, and I was a little disappointed. But when they are cooled, WOW! Happy tastebuds!

No comments:

Post a Comment