Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Candy Corn Bark

I made it! I did! I didn't follow the recipe exactly, because I didn't have any oreos. They didn't have Halloween oreos at WinCo and I didn't really make any effort to find them after that! But candy corn bark tastes great without the oreos. But, if you can find them, go ahead and splurge. I'm sure it would taste UH-mazing. :)

So what did I use? I used raisins, pretzels, white bark, and candy corn. Pretty simple stuff.

So, first thing, is getting the pretzels and the raisins in the pan. Break the pretzels in half.

The directions say to "lightly grease the pan." I don't know if that helps. You'll see why. :)

Next, melt you bark in the microwave. I didn't really think it would take 1 1/2lbs, so I started small. I didn't have enough to cover the whole pan, so I did half at a time. I used almost a whole package of almond bark. (Minus one block, which I should have just added.)

Top it off with candy corn!

When it has set up, you need to somehow get this brick out of the pan. If you poke at the edges, it will just fall apart. So much for "lightly greasing" the pan. My brilliant mind decided to just flip over the pan and start banging. It came out in two chunks. (Since each half was separately done anyway.)

There will be casualties. You know what to do. Mmm...

Break it all up into pieces. I didn't try to cut them or do anything fancy. Just broke it into pieces. And I will make a note here. Push the candy corn into the chocolate pretty well. If you don't, then it will just fall off as you are breaking it apart.

Ta-Dah! Oh, and it tastes good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment