Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ben had a birthday shout hooray!

For Ben's birthday, I decided at the last minute to make him an ice cream pie. There was one that he just LOVED from G's Dairy Delights in Rexburg. I knew that nothing could replace it, but I thought I would give it a try. They use their grasshopper ice cream that is mint ice cream with caramel, oreos, and chocolate chips. So, I bought Dreyer's Mint Cookie Crunch ice cream, and here is how I made it. I took an oreo crust, and added a layer of hot fudge on the bottom. I filled it halfway with the oreo ice cream, and topped that with mini chocolate chips, and caramel. I then added the rest of the ice cream, and topped it all off with some mint oreos, and a "Happy Birthday Ben" in fudge.

This is my only warning: THIS PIE TAKES TIME! I didn't even think about that. There is a lot of freezing involved, and if you get impatient, then you end up with a less than perfect pie. I wrote Happy Birthday before the ice cream was frozen solid, and the fudge went everywhere because it was too melty. So be careful!

Here is how it turned out...

I don't know why, but it won't upload straight. This is unusual. Just turn your head. :)

Add lots of fudge everywhere if you dare!

See the melty words? I wasn't too excited. No rushing!

Do you want to know the coolest thing? The Dreyer's website tells you which stores are carrying your favorite flavor. Just type in your zip code and it will bring up the nearby grocery stores. Now that is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment