Friday, July 29, 2011

Strawberries on a Cookie

This recipe is a lot like Fruit Pizza, but all I had to top it off was strawberries. So I started with this Sugar Cookie Recipe from my Better Homes and Garden's Cookbook. Spread the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, and bake at 300 degrees for 17 mins. (Gotta watch that baby, no on likes a crunchy sugar cookie... seriously)

Mine was really puffy, and when it cooled it sunk in the middle, now I have a crust. Sweet!

Then I created my own version of the filling on top.

Filling:
1 pkg Dream Whip (1/2 c. milk, 1/2 t. vanilla) OR 1 tub of cool whip
1 pkg. (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla

Mix the Dream Whip according to package directions. Set aside.

Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla.

Fold in the Dream Whip. Spread the filling on top of your cooled cookie.

I love my accidental crust...

Get a 2lb pkg of strawberries and start slicing them. You will need almost all of them to cover the top.
This is what you will end up with... but wait... something looks funny...

One of these rows is not like the other? Can you tell?

Yep... the one on the very left. As I was just about to finish, I realized that it is much prettier to lay the strawberries the other way... But I wasn't about to fix all of them! haha...

Hope you like it! I will say, before serving, let it sit at room temperature for about 5 mins. It warms up the cookie, and its much softer than right out of the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment